We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Junior Sous Chef who is excited to delight our guests and make their dining experience in Yansoon unforgettable!
Junior Sous Chef is to prepare culinary delights for guests and execute the menu, ensuring a high level of performance, guest satisfaction and profitability.
Functional and Technical:
• Perform all necessary tasks to accommodate excellent performance according to the Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOPP).
• Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, for menu ingredients and operational supplies and equipment.
• Implement HACCP Standards of Service and hygiene throughout the kitchen, assuring that all staff adheres to the processes.
• Act as second in command and be substitute for the Chef de Cuisine on his day off.
• Assists in the management of the day-to-day operation of the kitchen (coordinate food production schedules and ensure highest level of food quality, taste and presentation).
• Participate in actual food preparation and produce food at a consistently high level and quality during peak periods of service.
• Control food cost by assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling. This will include the kitchen and restaurant employees on how to optimise the use of leftover food items and to up sell.
• Ensures that all kitchen employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
• In conjunction with the Chef De Cuisine, establish goals for the kitchen anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
• Take responsible for ensuring that the restaurant’s kitchen, stores, and kitchen operation adheres to HACCP guidelines and Municipality rules and regulations in regards to food handling, preparation and health and hygiene.
• Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure an efficient kitchen operation.
• In conjunction with Chef de Cuisine, develop menus & create and ensure adherence to recipes and product specifications.
• Coordinate the training of kitchen staff on all new menus.
• Maintain effective communication within the kitchen; be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
• Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled events and projected levels of business.
• Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers and promptly act to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, executive meetings, staff meetings, etc.
• Keep work area clean and organised.
• Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
Qualifications (Specific Knowledge, Skill and Ability)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Arabic Cuisine
• Thorough knowledge of hot and cold food preparation.
• Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other employees and managers.
• Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
• Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
• A good sense of business; to be efficient and cost-effective
• Passion for food – someone who enjoys the process of food preparation and creating menus